How to become an AWS AAI
By Chris Onslow 31 Jan 2024
To become an Amazon training instructor, you can follow these steps:
1. Gain expertise in a specific area: Amazon offers a wide range of products and services. Choose an area where you have extensive knowledge and experience, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Seller Central, or Amazon Advertising.
2. Acquire relevant certifications: Amazon provides certifications for various products and services. Obtain certifications that are relevant to your chosen area of expertise. These certifications will demonstrate your proficiency and credibility as a trainer.
3. Build teaching and presentation skills: As a training instructor, you will need to effectively communicate complex concepts to learners. Improve your teaching and presentation skills by attending workshops, taking courses, or practicing in front of an audience.
4. Gain practical experience: Apply your knowledge and skills by working on real-world projects or assisting others in implementing Amazon products and services. This practical experience will enhance your understanding and enable you to provide valuable insights to learners.
5. Apply for instructor opportunities: Keep an eye out for instructor opportunities with Amazon. Check the Amazon jobs portal, reach out to Amazon training departments, or explore freelance instructor platforms that partner with Amazon.
6. Prepare training materials: Develop training materials, including presentations, exercises, and assessments, that align with Amazon's training standards and guidelines. Ensure your materials are comprehensive, engaging, and easy to understand.
7. Demonstrate your expertise: Showcase your expertise by creating online content, such as blog posts, videos, or tutorials, related to your chosen area of expertise. This will help establish your credibility as a subject matter expert.
8. Network with other trainers: Connect with other Amazon trainers and professionals in your field through online forums, social media groups, or industry events. Networking can provide valuable insights, collaboration opportunities, and potential referrals.
9. Stay updated: Amazon's products and services evolve over time. Stay updated with the latest updates, features, and best practices to ensure you provide accurate and up-to-date training to learners.
10. Continuously improve: Seek feedback from learners, evaluate your training sessions, and continuously improve your training techniques. Incorporate new teaching methods, technologies, and industry trends to deliver high-quality training experiences.Remember, becoming an Amazon training instructor requires a combination of expertise, practical experience, and effective teaching skills. It may take time and effort, but with dedication and perseverance, you can become a successful Amazon training instructor.
click here to register your interest in the AWS AAI programme