What to expect on the day
With over 800 courses in the best locations around the UK, we know a thing or two about what to expect on training days. Here’s a quick overview to help you prepare and feel confident - but don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.
Though every course is a little different - locations and course instructors have their quirks! - most sessions run a little like this.
Before the big day
- We'll send you a reminder email about what's happening a couple of days before - it will include info on exactly what to bring.
- Get a early night to make the most of your training - it's fun, concentrated learning you'll need to be in good form to make the most of.
- Don’t worry about your outfit - just wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Most participants opt for jeans and trainers, but if you’d like to be a bit smarter, that’s fine too.
On the day
- Be sure to allow plenty of time to get to the location - there's always parking or good public transport links nearby.
- Once you arrive, just ask at reception for the GO.COURSES room.
- Head to the training room and sign in - you won't need any special documents, just yourself and your laptop*.
- Your instructor will make introductions and set out the itinerary for the day - there’ll be tea, coffee and soft drinks available in the room, but be sure to grab breakfast before you arrive.
- The learning begins - depending on your course, this could take the form of workshops, lectures, seminar-style round-table learning, instructor-led demonstrations, and individual work on your own laptop.
- Throughout the day, there’ll be plenty of breaks - usually mid-morning, lunchtime and early afternoon. If you’re a smoker, there’ll be opportunities to pop out if you need to.
- Lunch is sometimes provided, though not always - though we’ll let you know about this in your booking confirmation. We always look for central locations with good local facilities, so if you don’t fancy a sandwich, you’ll have plenty of tasty options close by.
- At the end of the session, you may take an exam to prove your new skills - again, we’ll remind you about exactly what to expect by email nearer the time.
After your course
- We’ll ask for feedback so we know what was great - and if anything needs a little improvement.
- You’ll receive a £100 loyalty bonus ready to spend on more courses
- We’ll send you your certifications, if your course carries a paper qualification.